EASTGATE CHAMBERS COVID-19 BUSINESS CONTINUITY POLICY
- Our offices are no longer manned as staff are working from home.
Following the recent restrictions introduced for the whole of the UK and the “National lockdown: Stay at Home” Guidance, as emphasised by the Prime Minister, The First Minister for Wales, the Chief Medical Officers and the Health Secretaries, we have taken the decision to ask our staff to work from home where possible. Advice from both the UK and Welsh Governments is that “if work can be undertaken from home it should be and you can only leave home for work purposes where it is unreasonable for you to do your job from home”. We have now assessed that it is reasonable for much of our work to be undertaken by staff working from home. As such, from Monday 11th January 2021 our offices are no longer manned.
Please do not attend at our offices unless you have been requested to and have an appointment booked. You will be asked to maintain a 2-metre distance and to wear a face mask (unless you have a medical reason not to). Please do not attempt to shake hands with our staff.
- Please note that whilst we remain open for business that we currently do not have a manned reception at our Stafford or Wrexham offices. At the Cannock office there may be a manned reception for the building (not our staff) so post/documents can be left at reception. Our staff will briefly attend at both offices each day to check the post.
- Although we are open for business Monday-Friday, as our staff are now working from home you may at times need to leave a message or E-mail. Phone lines to the offices are now diverted to staff working remotely however, lines will be engaged if the member of staff is on another call. Please be patient with us during this difficult time and if possible, E-mail and a member of staff will call you back. Some staff are working reduced part time hours under the Government backed furlough scheme due to having to assist with home schooling their children. Others are shielding due to health conditions. All offices and work that is undertaken will be continuously supervised.
- If telephoning for a new appointment, you will be asked to provide an E-mail address in addition to your telephone number. Appointments will IN THE FIRST INSTANCE be conducted either by video conference (Skype, Watts App or Zoom) or by telephone. We will only offer Face-to-face appointments where this is not possible or practical and is at the discretion of the individual who is dealing with your case. At the Stafford office, please press the intercom when you arrive to be let in-to the building by a member of staff – if you have a pre-arranged appointment.
- Post can be sent or left at the building reception marked “Private & Confidential Eastgate Chambers”.
- E-mail [email protected] or call 01543 496889.
- Post can be sent to the Office or can be dropped in-to the secure silver letter box (at your own risk) located next to the front entrance – checked regularly.
- Please E-mail [email protected] or call 01785 213143/call or FAX 01785 213143. Out of hours; call or text 07802 364741
- The office building is locked so IF YOU HAVE AN APPOINTMENT please telephone when you arrive at the front entrance door to be let-in to the building.
- Post can be sent to the office marked “Private & Confidential Eastgate Chambers”.
- Please E-mail [email protected] or telephone our Immigration Emergency number 07872 117 144. The landline 01978 355818 is still in use and messages will be passed on to our staff however, please contact the Emergency phone number in the first instance with any queries during reduced office hours which may vary daily. Text messages are not received by this phone number
PLEASE NOTE – THIS POLICY IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE UPON FURTHER GOVERNMENT GUIDANCE OR INSTRUCTION
V.5.0. 10th January 2021
If we are unable to offer Legal Aid, Eastgate Chambers’ fees for private clients are;
Magistrates Court – First Hearing – (Summary only Motoring cases)
- From £200+ VAT (£240) per hour
Please note; the above is based on 1 hearing with a minimum of £300 inc VAT payable on account in cleared funds before or on the day of the hearing. This includes representation by an experienced Criminal Defence Solicitor and follow-up advice.
- Fixed fees available upon request depending upon the property sale/purchase price.
Disbursements such as Searches and Office Copy Entries are NOT included in our fees.
- Hourly rate £200 + VAT (£240), plus 1% of Estate Value and 0.5% Value of Property to be Sold (if applicable).
- Initial Consultation £125 + VAT (£150).
(includes appointment and detailed advice letter)
- Entry Clearance (single applicant) – from £750 + VAT (£900).
- Leave to Remain (single applicant) – from £750 + VAT (£900).
- British Citizenship (single applicant) – from £700 + VAT (£840).
- Business related applications/Skilled Worker – from £750 + VAT (£900)
- Appeals reviewed & lodged (only) from £300 + VAT (£360).
- Detailed Grounds of Appeal from £500 + VAT (£600).
- Appeal Hearings from £500 + VAT (£600) (Price range is £500-£1500 + VAT).
- the Price range for Appeal Hearings depends on the complexity of the case.
- Fixed Fee packages are available for all aspects of an Appeal or on an individual stage basis/instalments as above.
- Disbursements such as postage are included in the above prices.
- Home Office/UKVI application fees and Health Surcharge are NOT included in the above prices
- Discounts may be offered to existing clients making repeat/alternative category applications.
All Immigration fees include advice from a Senior Immigration Caseworker or Solicitor accredited by the Law Society, in person, in writing, all appointments and correspondence.
- THIS INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE ON REQUEST IN ALTERNATIVE FORMATS.
- ALL FEES QUOTED ARE OUTLINED FULLY IN OUR TERMS OF BUSINESS LETTERS.
- SERVICES TO BE PROVIDED ARE OUTLINED FULLY IN OUR TERMS OF BUSINESS LETTERS OR AS AGREED ON TAKING INSTRUCTIONS ON URGENT CASES.