Our Immigration & Asylum team is headed by our Senior Supervising Caseworker Director Simon Clark who is Accredited by the Law Society at Level 2 as a Supervisor.
In 2013 Simon established a niche private practice with a strong client base and following as the only provider of Immigration advice in Stafford with a reputation for demonstrating a dedicated commitment to individuals and businesses.
In 2018 Simon achieved further accreditation from the Law Society as a Supervisor and opened a new office in Wrexham having been awarded a Legal Aid Contract for Asylum and Immigration advice in North Wales. We are the only Legal Aid provider in this field for the North Wales region covering a wide area from Anglesey in the North West to Deeside in the East, Snowdonia in the South West and down to the Vale of Llangollen to the South East. We are pleased to offer Immigration advice to private clients from across the UK and our Wrexham office is well-positioned with excellent road and rail connections to the major “Northern Power House” Cities of Liverpool and Manchester. Simon works closely alongside the Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic groups support organisation Bawso who manage the Welsh Refugee Service project to assist Asylum Seekers and Refugees in Wrexham. Bawso offer refuge to non UK nationals who are subjected to domestic abuse and support to victims of Human Trafficking in partnership with the Salvation Army. Simon plays a valuable role in this holistic support by helping these often vulnerable clients to apply for Leave to Remain in the UK.
Appointments are available at our Stafford or Wrexham offices and initial advice is is provided to private clients for a fee of £125 + VAT (£150) Services include;
Legal Aid funded – Wrexham office (North Wales)
- Asylum/Humanitarian Protection Claims
- Settlment Protection (ILR for Refugees/Humanitarian Protection)
- Preparing Grounds of Appeal and Representing Clients at appeal hearings before Immigration
Judges of the Immigration and Asylum First and Upper Tier Tribunals
- Victims of Trafficking
- Domestic Violence cases
- Exceptional Case funding applications * (*when capacity allows)
For applications which are covered by Legal Aid, Simon is able to offer free legal advice (subject to Legal Aid means testing) in this area of the UK where there has for many years been a lack of access to legal advice. Being a resident of North Wales for around 10 years (25 years in Wales), and having worked with Asylum seekers in South Wales previously, Simon has an understanding of the challenges faced by Asylum seekers and Refugees housed in this area. No longer do you need to travel to Liverpool, Manchester or even London for your Legal Advice in North Wales.
In most cases we can offer a Fixed Fee for the following types of applications. Please see the Fees and Documents section of our webiste for full details, including Hourly Rates for cases where this is better suited to your circumstances;
– Applications for naturalisation or registration under the British Nationality Act 1981 (British Citizenship)
– Applications on behalf of European Economic Area (EEA) nationals and their family members under the applicable EEA Regulations or Immigration Rules, including applications for permanent residence, residence cards, and registration certificates
– Applications under the Immigration Rules, including;
- Student Visas
- Family Reunion and applications for Indefinite Leave to Remain/Active Review after 5 years
- Preparation of Entry Clearance Applications and applications for Leave to Remain
- Spouse and partners applications, including fiancé(e)s or proposed civil partners
- Visit visas (for tourism, or visiting friends / family)
- Indefinite Leave to Remain
- Ancestry visas
- Other categories, such as applications on the basis of long residence
- Work visas e.g. Skilled Worker visas/Post Graduate
- Business Immigration advice, Tier 2 sponsorship & licenses arranged
- Appeal hearings